Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great Tom The Great is offline

Default Home Electrical question

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 14:26:56 GMT, "Matthew Plummer"
wrote:

Hello-

In our current home, anytime we turn on an appliance which draws a moderate
amount of current (vacuum cleaner, TV, etc.) there is a brief (.5 sec)
dimming effect throughout the house. This effect is not limited to any one
outlet.

Our house is relatively new (5 year old) and thus meets modern code
standards. Is the problem related to improper wiring of the electrical
panel, or is it just 'normal' drop when turning on a current drawing
appliance?

Thanks in advance.

Matt Plummer

IMHO:

Today's modern vacuums and TV's draw a lot of current when first
started, so this can drop voltage throughout the house. The only safe
way to check if your electrical system has any pre-existing condition
is to have a qualified person to check it. This way you aren't
inendated with 'guesses'.

Keep us informed what happened.

tom @ www.BlankHelp.com