Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan_Musicant Dan_Musicant is offline

Default Need new water main - have a few questions

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 10:23:37 -0600, Chris Hill
wrote:

:I didn't get that either. We have 3/4 and it has been fine. As I
:recall, other parts of your service were already 3/4, so there would
:have been no benefit from going with 1-incyh. Maybe if you wanted to
ut in a sprinkler system or something, but otherwise why bother.

Actually, everything in the house is 1/2" galvanized and almost all of
it old. Well, there's a bit of new copper in one bathroom. Really, I
would see no benefit from 1". The thought of 1" was really for whoever
buys the house from me as I don't intend to live here very long. Anyway,
3/4" is what was used. I certainly have no thoughts about putting in a
sprinkler system here.