Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden raden is offline

Default Fuse for Desk Lamp 10mm x 3.6mm 1.0 Amp 250 Volt

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Steve Lowe wrote:
Thanks - Yep - I'd looked at Maplins they don't show anything smaller
than 20mm - and I've got 20mm in assorted voltate/current in my bits
and pieces box. The one that's blown is defiantly 10mm - the fuse
older was a small plastic box and I had to prise the lid off with a
small screwdriver - the fuse was held in place on the underside of the
lid - bit like some 13amp plugs where you can prise the fuse out
without having to unscrew and remove the lid of the plug.

No joy on RS website either

I've got one of the local electrical factors trying to track down a
supplier as well.

Good luck, but I've never seen a replaceable one that small. I sort of
thought 20mm was about the minimum length to stop flame propagation at 240
volts and still allow decent end caps for current handling on a universal
design.

I think I have some (about) half inch ones at work

--
geoff