Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default 6 AWG with no conduit OK?

wrote:
On 10 Jan 2007 08:09:24 -0800, "dpb" wrote:

wrote:
On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 19:35:26 -0600, "xgtfour"
wrote:

I'm running some 6 AWG THWN wire from my main feed to a detached garage.
However the main feed panel is on the other side of the house.

Is it up to code to tap into the main feed inside the wall, go through the
attic to the other side of the house outside of any conduit?

You can't run the THWN without some kind of raceway ...

But in an area like an attic not normally accessible that raceway could
be as simple as a 2x protecting the wire on either side I believe...

Not true at all. THHN must be in a raceway.

But what must the raceway actually be?