Posted to pdaxs.services.plumbing,alt.home.repair
Dan_Musicant Dan_Musicant is offline

Default Need new water main - have a few questions

On 10 Jan 2007 07:03:40 -0800, "Eric in North TX"
wrote:

: Indeed, they tried to discourage me from thinking of doing it in 1" from
: the beginning. The owner of the company came out and made the estimate
: on the water main replacement. He told me I'd see absolutely no benefit
: and that I should stick with 3/4". So did the other licensed bidder. So,
: I find it odd that basically EVERYONE in the newsgroups would tell me I
: should do 1". I'm still trying to understand it. Anyway, it's done as of
: sundown yesterday and 3/4" it is!
:
: Dan
:
:It is kind of like the 200 amp breaker panel or using 12 ga wire where
:14 ga would do. I just sleep better knowing overkill is awake. Usually
:the cost difference is small, and the cost of doing it over large,
:should it need to be larger in the future.

Yeah, I like the idea of overkill, especially when the price
differential isn't that great and very especially when future
requirements might make "overkill" look like foresight!

Dan