Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen Dan Espen is offline

Default The Right Way to Shock Your Pool

"Your Local Pool Guy" writes:

All Steve Barker can do is criticize. That's his contribution to the
group. He's good at it to. I say we make him a moderator. Can he handle
it? Please Reply

Ah the beauty of Usenet.
No control over the speaker OR the audience.

I've been adding the calcium shock to an above ground
pool by just spreading it around the pool. It doesn't
seem to be hurting the liner.

I think I've seen the recommendation to add the shock in
the evening a couple of times. I'm hesitant to do that
since my pump is on a timer. I don't want to add the
stuff and just have it lie on the bottom all night.