Posted to uk.d-i-y
mrcheerful . mrcheerful                                                                          . is offline

Default Best tool for undercutting door frame?

"John E" wrote in message
John E wrote:
I have some hardwood flooring to lay, and this will involve
undercutting 8 door frames. I'm looking for the best tool for the job.

Any and all suggestions gratefully received...

Thanks to all. I have now ordered a Fein Multimaster with a segmented
depressed blade. I decided that this would be the most versatile tool,
given that I will certainly use it for many other projects in addition to
the immediate one of cutting the door frames. This has been most useful.
Thanks again.

--

John

I bought my fein supercut on a whim after reading here that they were good.
I didn't use it for several months, first job was my neighbour's new
kitchen, he had a piece of cornice to shorten in situ, right at the ceiling,
I was a bit cautious as I had not tried the supercut before, but in moments
I had made a cut so neat and precise it was amazing. since then I have only
used it to cut floorboards above joists and it makes an almost invisible
cut! very impressive tool of which so far I have only scratched the surface
of its abilities.

Mrcheerful