Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] carolrcohen@gmail.com is offline

Default Interior Paint changes colors in areas during the daytime?!

wrote:
I'm thinking of taking back the paint and getting another brand in the
same color. It's just so weird that it all looks homogenous in
artificial light, but when the sun comes out only splotches of the wall
doesn't match anymore (i.e. some colors look a lot how they used to,
and other areas sometimes right in the middle of the wall look a lot
lighter). The color is a darker green, and in some cases, painting
another coat in an area makes the border of that area lighter than it
used to be! The gloss is only flat enamel. I used two coats, do I
need another?

Thanks!

Garrett

I congratulate you on having sensitive color vision; not everybody
does. But putting on another coat of paint may not do it - some
pigments are more transparent than others and one will always be able
to somewhat see "into" the layers of that paint. I notice this most in
yellows (which can include some greens). You may have to choose
another color.

CC