Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Capping Water Lines

Tom The Great wrote:
On 9 Jan 2007 15:00:41 -0800, wrote:

Hi I need to get remove a sink and am not to sure on how to cap the
pipes off. The supply lines are copper pipes. I know there are caps
for them but if i put the cap on and solder it will it be stong
enough to not blow off from the pressure of the water? As to the
drain is there a cap that I can use that will keep sewer gas from
getting in to the room?

IMHO,

For the cut water lines, I think you're missing an opportunity to put
in some valves. As for the caps, I have capped water lines and
they've lasted 13+ years.

It appears to me the sink is being totally removed so there would be no
future need for water there. Of course it is not 100% clear that is what
the OP intends so your suggestion certainly would be mine if there was any
likelihood of putting a sink or other water user there.

Now for your sewer line, they sell inside expanding plugs at your big
box stores. Just ask the person in the plumbing section for help.

Good luck,

tom @
www.ringtone-makers.com

--