Posted to uk.d-i-y
George George is offline

Default Best tool for undercutting door frame?

wrote in message
oups.com...

I wouldn't use any powered saw other than a Multimaster or a dedicated
floor-fitting circular saw. Reciprocating saws don't go anything like
low enough and biscuit jointers are too high for most floorings. I'm
also not a fan of using biscuiters for other than plunge cuts. They're
not designed for it and you're left trying to mis-use a saw by sliding
it sideways while the spring is fighting against you. This is getting
unsafe.

1.15mm plus 3mm is 18mm thats high enough cut for a BJ
2.You dont drag the BJ along you do two plunges on the architrave and chisle
of the bottom piece after you have cut through the wood as you would do with
a FM.

Estimated time with a BJ with minimium effort on one piece of architrave...
5 sec,with a FM about 60sec