Posted to sci.electronics.repair
n cook n cook is offline

Default Anyone replace pots with presets ?

Ron(UK) wrote in message
Arfa Daily wrote:

In that case, go for it. I would be interested to know how you get on

with
such transpants, and which presets you ultimately find most suitable.

Also,
how quiet they are in actual practical usage.

Arfa

I'm interested to know how the OP plans to reliably connect a standard
shaft to a preset, I`m presuming his idea of a preset and mine concur.

One other point, presents don`t normally come in log tapers, do they?

Ron(UK)

I should have said the failed original in the 0.6mm was 2 wipers , the metal
is split into 2 wipers and nibs, absolutely no trace of wear on the track.

I have a few hundred Piher presets that have an enlarged slot to take rod
extenders with pair of pauls to engage the back of the slot, quite strong
enough to be used as unabused pots.
The very light action of the originals I would have thought were a
disadvantage, on stage, as you could easily dislodge a neighbouring pot.
Some of these Piher presets are log tracks, agreed unusual but useful

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England