Santa Cruz Mike

Default the Home Schooled was Clark is correct

snipped...

How many subjects were the public school kids weak in?

Gunner

Take our best and brightest kids in the public schools and the best
and brightest from home schooling and those from other countries..
and they will have just about the same skill levels..

But take all of our kids, particularly in higher education where most
universities are open enrollment, and our kids don't test as well, or
look like they have the same skills.. If the rest of the world
allowed or made available the public education system to the extent
we do.. they would test about the same.. In most countries only the
very brightest get a higher education.. the rest do without or come to
America or some other country...

Currently many of the ways we measure our kids against the kids in
other countries,, home schoolers, and public schools.. we are
comparing apples, oranges, and grapes... and coming to very unfair and
confused conclusions...

We have a lot of kids in our university system in particular that are
marginal.. but in the big picture we benefit and they benefit from
their higher education and the opportunities they are exposed to..

Why do so many students from the rest of the world come to our
universities? Because most other countries do not have open enrollment
and offer limited opportunities.. etc etc.. We have far more to
offer the average student in our schools.. then anyone else..

If parents do their part, keep their own kids motivated, guide and
encourage their own kids.. a kid can still get a great education in
public schools.

But parents who want the government to provide a babysitting service,
a child rearing service, will be sorely disappointed....

Same with home schooling... we will not know for twenty years just
what the consequences will be.

Later,
Mike