Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great Tom The Great is offline

Default Capping Water Lines

On 9 Jan 2007 15:00:41 -0800, wrote:

Hi I need to get remove a sink and am not to sure on how to cap the
pipes off. The supply lines are copper pipes. I know there are caps for
them but if i put the cap on and solder it will it be stong enough to
not blow off from the pressure of the water? As to the drain is there a
cap that I can use that will keep sewer gas from getting in to the room?

IMHO,

For the cut water lines, I think you're missing an opportunity to put
in some valves. As for the caps, I have capped water lines and
they've lasted 13+ years.

Now for your sewer line, they sell inside expanding plugs at your big
box stores. Just ask the person in the plumbing section for help.

Good luck,

tom @
www.ringtone-makers.com