Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Proper GFCI installation

"dclutch" wrote in message
news:6c3abbd3214cb477b8aeba16d12fb892@homerepairli ve.com...
I am replacing an older GFCI. There are two cables coming into the box.

The
black wires are spliced together and the two white wires are spliced
together and both are pigtailed into the GFCI. I tried to wire the new
GFCI the same way and it will not reset. It is a Leviton with smartlock
and the instructions tell me to wire it with load to cover the downstream
outlets.I do not want the downstream outlets protected. Is there a way to
wire the GFCI to get around this

I have found that some of the Leviton reset buttons need some persuasion.
Try using a screwdriver to push the button in.