Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 3/4" or 1" copper water main pipe?

"Dan_Musicant" wrote in message
:
:I beg to differ....that supervisor (or his company) is either a thief
r stupid (in either case he is wrong) .... the increase in material
:would be less than $100 closer to $50
:
:cheers
:Bob

Yeah, I told him on the phone the exact same thing except I didn't
mention the $50. I gotta think they were just trying to see if they
could squeeze a bunch out of me with that line. I don't think I'll use
them again. Not unless I can see something to justify that $600 charge
(which I declined, of course). I honestly think he might be stupid. Just
don't know. How could he be THAT stupid?

I just checked one source and the difference is $2.00 a foot at that place.
I don't know if that is good or bad in the scheme of things and your local
plumbing supply, but I do know that copper is very expensive these days.
$600 seems high, but $50 seems very low. How long of a run is it?