Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Interior Paint changes colors in areas during the daytime?!

"Jennifer" wrote in message

It's just how paint behaves, as far as I can tell. I've seen it with
different brands and colors, though some colors don't seem to be
affected as much. For me, it has nothing to do with using CFLs... the
color change comes when it goes from diffuse ambient light to sunlight
streaming through the room. My hallway goes from soft butter yellow to
lemon yellow (blech) and my office goes from pale slate green to a
strange candy-colored greenish-blue.

Light is measure in degrees Kelvin. The temperature of the sunlight changes
as the day goes on. That will affect how you see things in the various
lights. Once the sun is gone, the house lighting is constant so it will
look the same on the walls. You can read more here
http://www.sizes.com/units/color_temperature.htm

Simple test. Jut look at something outside, preferably a solid white. Look
at it at various times of the day and see how it changes to the eye. Better
yet, photograph it with no flash and compare the photos.