Posted to alt.home.repair
CptDondo CptDondo is offline

Default Air Handler & Rep Woes

dpb wrote:

I agree w/ Edwin -- I don't think you should walk away from this
installer just yet. Particularly if it is a relatively small outfit,
I'd really make the effort to talk w/ the owner or senior partner if at
all possible.

Yup. Try to talk to the owner. The service manager is a hired hand;
the owner may not know what is going on. Explain calmly what you were
told, ask him/her for a solution.

Second, and if you really want to escalate, track down the factory
representative for the equipment you purchased. This can be hard to do,
as they usually *only* deal with dealers. But stay on it, and, if you
can't resolve it with the owner, talk to the rep. The factory doesn't
want bad word of mouth, and they will tell the installer to make you happy.

This *will* **** the owner off, but you are likely to get results.

--Yan