Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Wood for Wine Rack Construction

Tue, Jan 9, 2007, 10:23am (EST-1)
(Geoff*Schultz) doth toast us and sayeth:
I've been planning on building wine racks for my wine cellar. snip in
New England. snip I'm not fixed on red wood. I want a wood that will
withstand the relative humidity of a cellar and look good. Pine is not
an option. Any suggestions for a nice wood to build this out of?

If you don't have any wine racks yet, is it still a wine cellar?
Does Nighttrain, MD 20/20, and Thunderbird, count? Everclear and
Kool-Aid?

I'd say check some old cellars, then use a local wood (to you) that
holds up well.

JOAT
To listen is an effort, and just to hear is no merit. A duck hears
also.
- Igor Stravinsky