Robin S.

Default A question for anyone who has made a rotary tool shank.

"John Doe" wrote in message

Believe it or not, sometimes I do things for the fun of it. Whether it
costs more or less isn't my only concern. I know where to get the shanks.

know how much the shanks cost. I can afford to buy the shanks.

Well pardon us, smart guy. Machinists and toolmakers are practical by
nature. Many here (and the companies that employ us) cannot afford to be
spendy with our time. For example, press time at the place I work is worth
$5,000/hr.

If you're convinced you can make it, and you seem to have it all planned out
(and not willing to take our centuries of combined experience) then why
don't you go and MAKE it?

Regards,

Robin