Tim Williams

Default A new low in cheap tools?

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message
No thank you. I know how to make unix do what I want -- and it
doesn't keep changing under me every couple of years.

I've been using Win98SE for the last bunch of years with zero (0) troubles.
Nothing has "changed under me".

The latest CERT (Computer Emergency Response Team) advisory
(about two or three days ago) about Windows was for a hole in the very
software library which checks for security authentication. *Not* a good
recommendation. :-)

I've heard of some pretty common holes in Linux too, the only difference
here is that 1. it's nowhere near as popular, and 2. there are many versions
of *nix. So there's just no point it targetting it!

Tim

--
"I have misplaced my pants." - Homer Simpson | Electronics,