Posted to uk.d-i-y
mrcheerful . mrcheerful                                                                          . is offline

Default Best tool for undercutting door frame?

"John E" wrote in message
I have some hardwood flooring to lay, and this will involve undercutting 8
door frames. I'm looking for the best tool for the job.

Some web sites recommend using a 'hard back mitre hand saw' which I have,
but I would prefer a power saw, since there is rather a lot of cutting to
do, and on the previous occasion that I used a hand saw, the task took a
long time, and caused significant subsequent back pain. ;-)

There seem to be a number of items available on the internet, but most of
the power tools are available in the USA only (as far as I can see) - e.g.
'door jamb power saw' and the Bosch 'fine cut power hand saw'. I did find
one item http://www.bona1stopshop.co.uk/acatalog/B.html (the Bepo twist)
but this was nearly £400, and would seem to be a bit over the top for my
needs. I quite like the look of the Bosch fine cut power hand saw
http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Shop_To...~latest_prices
because that would be useful afterwards too. However, I couldn't find it
on a UK web site (at 250V).

I did find this one:
http://ukptocs.bosch-pt.com/boptocs-...7&prod_id=7574
the Bosch PFZ 600E All-purpose saw. Will this do the trick?

Any and all suggestions gratefully received...

--

John

I would use a fein supercut. my pfz550 would not be suitable at all

Mrcheerful