Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Outside antenna rotator question...

On 8 Jan 2007 15:44:21 -0800, "
wrote:

Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 8 Jan 2007 06:59:55 -0800, "
wrote:

congress passed a law giving most people a free converter....

I thought that was "up to" a specific amount, so the converter is free
only if any are sold for that amount or less.

the old saying goes, dont mess with tv or beer, keep the voters happy.

the turn of if and when it occurs will have minimal effect on most folks

Note that if a converter is required, this won't me minimal. However
it will in many (most?) cases, since a lot of people won't need
converters (maybe they're watching cable).

most folks have a tv somewhere thats not on sat or cable even when they
are customers of those providers

As well as those on cable/sat, TVs they can easily stop using.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent
force for atheism ever conceived." -- Isaac Asimov