Posted to alt.home.repair
Mortimer Schnerd, RN Mortimer Schnerd, RN is offline

Default Replacement for stereo receiver??

Puddin' Man wrote:
I've not even noticed a problem when controls are moved.
The static is sometimes left, sometimes right channel,
and sometimes absent altogether. But I've not noticed it
at all when sound comes from tv monitor.

I can get the speakers to balance for tv sound, and
when I tune to radio, balance becomes skewed to the
right speaker, where sound is staticy-distorted.

Why don't you get a can of contact cleaner, unplug the amp, remove the knobs and
then spray the bejeezus out of them while you work them back and forth from one
side to the other? I've fixed plenty of noisy pots with contact cleaner spray.
Cheap, too.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com