Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] jgkgolf@hotmail.com is offline

Default Tumble drier is tripping the RCD switch

I've recently bought a secondhand vented Hoover tumble drier which was
working fine for a few weeks but last night it tripped the RCD switch.
I couldn't reset the switch until I had unplugged the tumble drier.
I've got the tumble drier in my living room temporarily venting through
a door until I make a hole in the wall in my utility room for the vent
pipe.
I later found by changing to a different socket in the living room it
worked ok.

Is there something wrong with the tumble drier or with this socket or
is there something different about the wiring in a kitchen/utility area
which means I shouldn't be using the drier in my living room?