Posted to rec.video.desktop,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,rec.video,rec.photo.digital
Raqueeb Hassan Raqueeb Hassan is offline

Default Camcorder: Works perfect in 0 LUX mode; Hazy in normal mode

Hi,

Few months back my Samsung miniDV Camcorder's started producing
blurry and hazy output. At first sight, it seems that the autofocus
isn't working. I was thinking of having some difficulties with the
lense's focus motor. Surprisingly the "Night" mode (when
operating in 0 LUX mode) works fine as it was before. The autofocus
lense works perfectly in that mode with those usual compromises with
colour. But I can't use this mode in broad day light.

Though, I bought it from US but we don't have any Samsung service
centre here in Bangladesh. I opened it but the lense module is so
compact, I couldn't do anything. I disconnected the infrared light,
because I don't need to shoot in zero light. I guess, the switch of
changing the 0 LUX mode changes a filter. Should there be any problem
with that filter which operates in day mode, I would like to remove the
filter.

As I can't send it to some other countries for repairing it, I'm
already at a loss. So, I'm ready to open it to any detail. I can't go
on with that night mode even in day light. Can you please throw some
guideline on fixing it?

Model: Samsung MiniDV Camcorder SDC23

TIA

Raqueeb Hassan