Peter Ashby

Default very silly question about meths

In article ,
Harvey Van Sickle wrote:

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 15:19:41 GMT, Peter Ashby wrote

In article ,
Harvey Van Sickle wrote:

The only time I've specifically needed meths for a diy project
was for melting down old 78 records in it to produce black
shellac for restoring some ebonised furniture.

The latest Axminster catalogue has some black shellac, so any
remaining 78s are safe.

I'll bookmark that; at the time -- 15 or 20 years ago -- it seemed to
be the simplest way to get a non-industrial-sized amount of the stuff.

An elegant solution indeed.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.