Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 275 gallon oil tank - how long should it be between fill-ups?

"Joe" wrote in message
As far as buying oil is concerned
I was offered a plan in the fall but the prices were too high back then
- about $2.70 per gallon so I have been buying the oil from a
wholesaler for $1.99 but he doesn't do schedules and you have to call
him to fill up. I'm just wondering if every two months is about
standard. The last thing I want to do is run out and have my pipes
freeze.

Joe,
I'm in Putnam CT. I filled up a month ago and I've used about a third of
the tank so far. I"ll be filling up again in February. My total use is
about 800 gallons a year.

I too was offered $2.70 something by Saveway and I declined, fortunately. I
bought from Dollarwise and paid 2.039. Dollarwise has a network of local
dealers for cheap prices.