Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul M. Eldridge Paul M. Eldridge is offline

Default Light sensors for condo/apartment stairwells

Hi Norm,

I'm not so sure on/off motion detectors can be used in this type of
application. I believe building codes permit hall and stairwell
lighting to be dimmed when unoccupied, but not completely turned off.
It would be best to confirm this with your city's building department
first before making any changes; your condo corporation would be
exposing itself to significant liability otherwise.

Cheers,
Paul

On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 01:24:44 GMT, Norminn
wrote:

If HD doesn't have them (they surely DO), try a lighting supply or
Lowes. There are all kinds of light/motion detecting fixtures. My
guess is that whoever waited on you at HD didn't have a clue.

We have wall fixtures in our condo hallway with motion detectors and
adjustable "on time".

You can also put a timer on the circuit.