Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim Speedy Jim is offline

Default Water from faucet tastes "weird"

wrote:
The water that comes out of our Kitchen Faucet tastes strange from time
to time... almost a moldy type taste. All other faucets in the house
put out good drinking water with no taste. We're on a deep well with
no water problems other then the taste.

Could this be a problem with the piping in the way from the well pump
to the kitchen? Or more likely in the faucet itself? Any way I can
clean them out without calling a pro? Help appreciated!

It's not unusual for well water piping to develop
vaious kinds of slime or other buildup due to
organisms present in the water and also due to the
water not being chlorinated.

Bacterial growth (not necessarily dangerous kinds)
can become prolific in piping which sees little flow,
especially any section which has a "dead end" stub
of unused pipe.

Short of wholesale pipe and fixture replacement,
one would have to consider treating the water
or (just one example) treating the water heater
to see if that helps.

Jim