Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] askulte@gmail.com is offline

Default Onkyo TX-DS 575 / Integra DTR 5 in circuit protection mode

I've got an Integra DTR-5 (nearly identical to the Onkyo TX-DS 575)
thats in circuit protection mode (immediately goes into standby as soon
as the the power switch is pressed on, and opens the main power relay).
There is nothing connected to the receiver. Jammy Harbin's reply on a
identical subject back on 8/20/04 stated "DC bias on the output,
Shorted finals...". With it disconnected from power, I ohm'ed the
speaker terminals - all the black neg terminals are about .2-.4 ohms,
and the red pos terminals are infinite. What exactly do I check, and
how do I check it? Can DC bias be checked while in circuit protection
mode? I don't see any popped capacitors, burnt chips, or cracked
traces, but I should probably get a brighter light. Can the output amps
be checked in circuit?

I've got the service manual and schematics (I can scan and post
specific schematics if necessary), and am comfortable with following
electronics kits, but am new at troubleshooting. If I remove the fuse
which connects the main transformer and then power on, it stays out of
circuit protection (the main power relay stays closed). Thanks for any
help!

Andris