Posted to rec.woodworking
brianlanning brianlanning is offline

Default Craftsman Compucarver Machine

# Fred # wrote:
I bet you a lot of existing computers and devices that's running on XP now
won't work when the new Vista OS comes out - just like switching from Win 98
to XP.

This is highly unlikely. The vast majority of windows software these
days is either win32 based or dotnet based. None of that is changing
between XP and vista.

I also have more than a dozen of devices and systems (computers, graphics
cards, xy-plotters, printers, digitizers, printers - you name it) that were
orphaned every time a new OS comes out. From CPM to DOS, from DOS to Win
3.x, from Win3.x to Win98, from Win98 to WinXP and so on. Every upgrade
means some device or system become unusable and I don't think the
Compucarver is all that different.

This is a driver issue. Drivers are written by the manufacturer, not
microsoft. In this case, there aren't any windows drivers to worry
about since the software isn't controlling the device directly.

brian