Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
PeteM PeteM is offline

Default Windows without building regs/fensa approval

Simon posted
I am buying a property, when the seller is unable to provide either building
regs, or a fensa cert for windows installed after April 2002.

I may be "happy" with the windows, however this question will undountable
come back to me when the property is sold by me, unless I replace the
windows in the meantime.

No enforcement action can be started relating to a structure built more
than one year ago. So the simplest remedy is to sack your solicitor and
forget that he wasted everybody's time asking for BR approvals. If you
are asked the same question when you come to sell the property, pass
this information on to your purchaser, and advise him to sack his
solicitor too.

--
PeteM