Erik

Default Quick Couplers (Pneumatic)

In article ,
"wallsterr" wrote:

Speaking of cheap couplers... when I was a kid, I 'busted tires' at the
local Sears auto center.

They had 4 tire racks, with 2 huge hose reel's over them on the
ceiling... maybe 20' off the floor.

Those couplers were always a mess, racks were lowered on them, they were
driven over, used to fill tires (without a chuck) and on and on.

One day, they put on new cheap female couplers, from where I don't know.
After a week or so they were worse than the old ones, all bent up and
leaking. Then someone popped an impact off one, and the female coupler
didn't close. Of course there was 4 customer's cars, and 4 or 5 people
within range of that flailing (175 psi iirc) line, snipped

Did they use 175psi on lug nuts?? that would explain why I had a hell of a
time getting those off by hand! (dont carry impact wrench and compressor in
my truck, although it would be handy!)
walt

They sure did... busted/stripped lugs were a daily thing too. They had
1/2" drive, long anvil CP impacts, and as I recall, they were almost no
trouble, even though they looked as if they'd been used as rototiller
tines. Each one had a double ended 3/4 X 13/16" wheel lug socket on it,
the ones with the square drive in the middle (you just pull it off and
flip it over for the other size). The sockets were Snap On, and looked
to be many years old by the time I started, with no hint of ever once
having a black oxide finish on them. Think they did though.

Erik