Posted to misc.consumers.house
[email protected] seglie@gmail.com is offline

Default Putting and Offer on Townhome in Booming Area

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. The area is a great location. It
not the suburbs by any means and there is plenty to walk to. That was
one of the requirements when looking for a place to buy. Denver is
going the way of suburban sprawl, but this location is walking distance
to downtown and also an area called the Highlands with plenty of local
non-chain retail.

The same place next door (5 units) sold for 55K more than the counter
bid a month ago. Isn't that a good sign? We did put an offer down for
30K less than asking price and the counter was 10K less than asking
price.

We very well could stay there more than 2 years. I was just taking a
random guess. This is more of a starter home since we have never owned
before.

So the options are to buy a new place or buy an older (1905) remodeled
place.

Thanks again.