Gunner

Default Dial Test Indicator Pointers

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:32:47 -0500, "Jimbo" .
wrote:

Gunner:

If your talking about the dial pointer length in my opinion length shouldn't
really make a difference. If you draw a strtaight line up the center of the
pointer to the scale on the dial it should give you the same reading no
matter how long or short the pointer is.

I've only had one beer so I might change my mind later

Jimbo

Sorry Jimbo..I communicate poorly sometimes. The lever pointer..the
little ball nosed gizmo that actually contacts the work piece

Gunner

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
A probably really stupid question about dial test indicators.

I stumbled across a minty Lufkin LARGE dial, dial test indicator
(.0001) for $5 the other day. Crystal is good, everything moves
smoothly..but the "pointer" was missing. A customer gave me one that
screws in just fine..but here is the question...and Im blushing to
ask..

How long are the pointers supposed to be? Perhaps Ive had a stroke
or its a case of brain fade..but doesnt the length of the pointer make
a difference as to the actual measurement displayed on the dial?

Length of lever and all that stuff.

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas