Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Rick is offline

Default Drilling holes in load bearing beams

in a 2x6 you can drill a hole up to 7/8" in the center of the stud
but not more than 2 consecutive studs.
but you can not drill a hole through a header.
you are better off drilling down into the bottom plate and back up in a
different bay.

news:386db848e297254dce07633ad6845440@homerepairli ve.com...