Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Rick is offline

Default Weird idea

"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message
| Rick wrote:
| "butwhat" wrote in message
| ps.com...
|

| personally I think you are a dumbass for giving lousy advice.
| ever hear of static electricity igniting lint trapped in the plastic
or
| flexible ducting.
|
| Bull! Static electricity causing lint to ignite is
| in the same category as static electricity
| causing fires in home workshops and cellphones
| starting gasoline pump fires.

yes it does and yes I have seen it burn down many homes over the years.
also have seen vacuum systems with plastic pipes ignite.
the only way to stop static electricity from igniting in plastc pipes is
to install a bare copper wire in the pipes grounded to the unit and
grounded to each tool.

do not try to dis-credit my knowledge
for what I say is factual.

watch myth busters
haven't you seen that episode?
the static electricity that is on your clothes from sliding off fabric
seats causes static electricity to ignite the gasoline fumes while
pumping gas.
and yes it did catch fire.

so there ..................Mr Bullthon