Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Brad Brad is offline

Default Magnavox TV 27MS3404/17 Turns On, Then Goes Off

Hi,

I forgot some information in my "UPDATE". The horizontal
sweep system is what is actually "shutting down".

UPDATE:

I connected a color bar generator to the TV. Now the TV stays on!!!
If I use color bars or any other pattern, the TV stays on!!!! I assume it
is due to the steady picture (no changes in brightness, etc.)?

What else should I check?

Thanks in advance, Brad

On 6 Jan 2007 19:05:36 -0800, " wrote:

Hi Brad;
Adjust the screen control a little higher or lower. Some of these sets
have a very specific vg2 voltage range and are quite critical.

Brad wrote:
Hi,

I have a Magnavox TV model 27MS3404/17, chassis L01.1UAC-7638
(mfg. 06/05) in my service shop that comes on, picture shows for about two
seconds, then the TV goes "off", but the power indicator light stays on.

... snip