Posted to alt.home.repair
Ignoramus21090 Ignoramus21090 is offline

Default how to make sure that driveway does not crack

On 7 Jan 2007 11:01:53 -0800, wrote:

Ignoramus21090 wrote:
I am thinking about hiring a concrete company to redo out driveway and
other concrete work. What I really want is that the driveway should
stay level and crack-free for years, as cracks seriously nterfere
with my material handling. How would I ensure that? Is that a matter
of putting more gravel, more concrete, different concrete, or what?

thanks

A RELLY GOOD base with proper drainage, then thick concrete with mesh
and rebar tying the sections together.adding fibre to the concrete and
a high strength mix helps too. how heavy loads on this driveway?

Not very heavy, up to 1,000 lbs with cart. The problem is that cracks
make moving said cart painful.

thank you.