Posted to alt.home.repair
cudagtx cudagtx is offline

Default Deck Costruction

Sacramento Dave Wrote:
"cudagtx" wrote in message

...-

I'm planing on building a new deck. I'm pondering weather to use
composite deck material or pressure treated. I'm leaning towards
using
the composite because of the low maintenance. Has anyone run into any
problems with the installation or the maintenance after construction
using the composite deck material. I live in Northeastern
Pennsylvania,
where the winters can get cold, the summers are hot.

--
cudagtx-

Pressure treat for all the framing , Joist should be a minimum of 16"
OC
for composite decking. Another thing to do is cover all the joist with
strip of 4" felt paper to protect from water. Most dry root is from
water
being caught under deck boards. The composite decking is the most bang
for
your buck, but shop around there's a lot more out there than just trex.

Your reply was helpful.
Thanks

--
cudagtx