Posted to alt.home.repair
Todd H. Todd H. is offline

Default Battery Operated Sump Pumps

writes:

Is anyone familiar with these battery operated sump pumps?
What do they use for batteries? What voltage?

I have installed a pair of Basement Watchdog systems. They use 12V
batteries that look like car batteries, but are actually of their
proprietary design optimized for the load of their pump. The system
includes a charger and a redundant pump.

http://www.basemen****chdog.com/

Additional batteries are available for the system for longer runtime,
but the one battery system supports runtime specs that seem pretty
impressive. I imagine they could be run off a car battery in an
emergency, but given the construction of car batteries, you will do a
good bit of damage to that battery in a deep cycle discharge. Of
course to keep your basement dry, you likely don't care!

Basement Watchdog for what it's worth seems to be gratly preferred by
all the plumbers nad home infectors, er inspectors versus Ace in the
Hole, which seems to be the other type of system seen most in this
area.

Best REgards,
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/