Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default rotted sill +wood filler question:help please

John W wrote:
I have several partially rotted sills and sill noses on my windows. Does the
wood hardner and wood fillers on the market work to harden the soft spots
and fill in the real rotted portions. Any hints on how to use them before I
get going. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

John

Yes they work but they're not cheap...

if volume of wood repair is large..... often removal & replacement with
real wood is cheaper & faster.

Epoxies are better (but way more expensive) than Bondo (ester resins)

www.abatron.com

Where are you located? I've used the wood repair products with great
success in SoCal but in very wet environments complete epoxy coverage
of wood sills can trap moisture & cause other problems.

cheers
Bob