Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Kenmore side by side/ no ice ?

On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 04:29:32 -0500, "James"
wrote:

I have a Kenmore side by side refrigerator, about two years old. It does
not make ice. It looks like the unit goes through a cycle for making ice,
but no water comes into the tray.

I changed the filter, thinking it might be restricting water flow. That
didn't help.

I suspect the water valve. (I do get water at the front dispenser).

If it is the valve, is it hard to change ??

Dunno.

It could be clogged at that valve, or clogged at the tap into the
water line. Make sure water is getting to the fridge before spending
effort on the fridge.

--James--