Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Paint Peeling

Art wrote:
Good paint is guaranteed. Call the manufacturer and bitch and have them
send out their expert and see who he blames.

Good advice. $200 for touchup, and the idea the paint is coming off
because it rained are outrageous. I would find out if the guy has a
license. If he does, have a talk about placing a complaint with the
city/county licensing board (or whoever the powers=that-be are in
Miami). If he does not take care of it to your satisfaction, send a
written complaint to the licensing agency and consider taking him to
small claims for the whole price of the job.

We have contractors who follow every legal requirement, do very good
work, and have to compete with these clowns who don't live by any rules.

Chalk under the paint film is there only because the prep was bad. No
paint will stick to it, and your painter knows that.