Posted to sci.electronics.repair
stoneattic stoneattic is offline

Default LCD LED backlight question

Hi,

I just installed this LCD:

http://www.mouser.com/catalog/specsheets/M16327UYT.pdf

to replace the dead one in an Alesis QuadraVerb (this doesn't really
matter, it's more of a generic question).

The LCD display itself work fine but to get power to the backlight I
ran the 5V source and ground that supplies the LCD part to the LED
blacklight and it works too. However I'm wondering if I need to add a
resistor to limit the current to the backlight like I normally would
with regular 5mm LED. I've read the specs on the backlight but they
aren't given as simply as:

# 30mA (max)
# Typical Voltage is 2.0, with a maximum voltage of 2.8V

like I'm used to.

Can anyone point me in the correct direction?

Thanks!

Reply »