Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Alasdair Campbell Alasdair Campbell is offline

Default Any good docs on Calibrating TV Gain/Cut off

"Charles Schuler" wrote in message
. ..

"Alasdair Campbell" wrote in message
.uk...
Hi I'm looking for good articles on calibrating my TV set which is

showing
very strong blue cast.

CRT, LCD, DLP, Plasma, ?

Sorry about that, it's a Sharp 16:9 CRT TV.

If it is a cathode ray tube, there is a blue gun which, in your case,

might
be underbiased.

My problem is that in service mode, my TV shows a well balanced image,
almost perfect, however after cycling the power, back in regular use the
image is blue cast and very dark. It's as if the settings arn't being saved,
yet the manual states that changes are applied automatically - which they
are - in servcice mode.

Initially the TV was fine but would occaisonally fade to a green cast.
Switching off then on would fix this. I tried to degauss using another
monitor incase the built in circuit wasn't operating correctly. for a while
the picture was fine until it retunred to green. Through judicous & ignorant
use of the gain and cut off values in service mode I got it to go blue...