Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default how to make sure that driveway does not crack

Delay putting it in as long as possible so the soil is compact as possible.
Most houses in my neighborhood were built in 6 months but mine, built by the
same builder took almost 3 times as long and the driveway wasn't put in
until completion. My driveway went 7 years without a crack. Others were
cracked in a year or so. Same soil, same concrete supplier, same builder,
same contractor laying concrete.

"Ignoramus21090" wrote in message
I am thinking about hiring a concrete company to redo out driveway and
other concrete work. What I really want is that the driveway should
stay level and crack-free for years, as cracks seriously nterfere
with my material handling. How would I ensure that? Is that a matter
of putting more gravel, more concrete, different concrete, or what?

thanks