John Flanagan

Default the Home Schooled was Clark is correct

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:12:19 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 09:17:57 GMT, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

A city wide blackout at Sat, 14 Feb 2004 08:42:36 GMT did not prevent Gunner
from posting to misc.survivalism the following:

"People disagree over homeschooling's social and academic benefits.
Test score data from states requiring testing or from homeschooling
associations, while not totally representative, suggest that tested
homeschooled children are above average (Lines 2001). According to two
Time reporters (Cloud and Morse 2001), "the average SAT score for home
schoolers in 2000 was 1100, compared with 1019 for the general
population."

Ray's report shows that "home-schooled pupils who took the Iowa Test
of Basic Skills outscored public school students by 37 percentile
points" (Viadero, March 19, 1997). On the Stanford Achievement Test,
the advantage was 30 percentile points. The longer kids had been
educated at home, the better their test scores. Also, "students whose
parents had teaching certificates scored only slightly higher than the
children of nonteachers" (Viadero, March 19, 1997). "

I heard a comment from a rep of a private college, which matriculates a lot
of home-schoolers. Seems that Home Schooled kids do well in every j\subject
but one, which varies from family to family. (Meaning, the home schooled child
is most likely weak in the subject their parents are weak in: math, history,
cybernetics, etc.)

How many subjects were the public school kids weak in?

Gunner, you cut me up :^)!

John

Please note that my return address is wrong due to the amount of junk email I get.
So please respond to this message through the newsgroup.