Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield Harry Bloomfield is offline

Default Using a washing machine with no plumbing available?

on 07/01/2007, xena supposed :

Does the machine suck in water or does it need to be pressurised?

A small solenoid valve opens, to permit entry of mains pressurised
water. The lower the pressure, the longer it would take to fill up. At
a guess, I would suggest the fill water level would need to be at least
a couple of meters above the washer to get a sensible fill time.

Another way would be to install and automatic flow controlled pump, to
provide the pressure needed.

Can I use rainwater for washing (it's
breaking the machine I'm worried about - not the cleanliness of the rinse)?

If the rain water is reasonably clean, yes.

The outlet does pump, in fact the outlet pipe has to be raised some way
above the water level in the machine to prevent it syphoning itself
out.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)