Ed Huntress

Default Clark is correct

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:30:38 GMT, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .

"People disagree over homeschooling's social and academic benefits.
Test score data from states requiring testing or from homeschooling
associations, while not totally representative, suggest that tested
homeschooled children are above average (Lines 2001). According to two
Time reporters (Cloud and Morse 2001), "the average SAT score for home
schoolers in 2000 was 1100, compared with 1019 for the general
population."

Kids from disfunctional families and illiterate, impoverished families

are
included in the "general population." Home-schooled kids almost

exclusively
are not.

Another case of lying with statistics

Can you find any better cites?

I don't know. I haven't tried, nor am I likely to bother.

If I wasted my time researching every load of bull**** you post here,
Gunner, I wouldn't have time to take a ****. As I've said, the safest thing,
based on a few statistical samples of things I have checked, is to assume
that every quote of yours is complete bull**** and proceed accordingly.

As in the case above. That one is self-evident. The people who home-school
their kids have enough going for them that one family member is capable and
can take the time. Kids from poor single-parent families don't have that
luxury, and they do correspondlingly badly in school. Those cites are all
over Christendom.

Ed Huntress